Saturday, December 27, 2014

Ancestry Saturday: More Convergence Stories


Yesterday on December 26, 130 years to the day of his death, I visited the Canton, Ohio gravesite of my third cousin, five times removed.  Cornelius Aultman and I shared Jacob and Anna Marie (Eisenmann) Altman in our blood lines.  They are his great great grandparents and they are my seventh great grandparents.

That wouldn't be all that convergent--being there on the same day 130 years later--but for the fact that it was his land, in 1891 after his death, that became the land for a hospital in Canton.  Aultman Hospital is a well known institution, to this day, in Canton and Stark County.

It also happens to be where I was born.

There's more convergence.  Right next to Aultman are two more graves.

His daughter, Elizabeth (Aultman) Harter's husband was George D. Harter.  He's buried there too.  And he's the one who started another Stark County, Ohio institution, Geo D Harter Bank.


That was my first bank and where I kept the check book for my newspaper route when I was in the fifth grade.

Convergence.

No comments:

Post a Comment