Saturday, January 10, 2015

Ancestry Saturday: My Kids' Revolutionary War Patriots Bloodline Update


The plague on the south wall of the Highland County Courthouse in Hillsboro, Ohio has the names of two of my ancestors who were Revolutionary War patriots.  This is a source of pride, but those two are just a sampling of the full list.  With each passing generation of my family, the list will grow and grow.

My research, as of December 2013, showed 27 patriots in the direct blood line of my kids.  The list is now at 35 as of January 1, 2015.

Here's the updated list.

The 22 patriots from their Dad's side:

William Altman
Thomas Fleming Bernard
Charles Beaven Blandford
Elijah Charles
Joseph Conway
George Daubenspeck
John Jacob Daubenspeck
John Downing
Garrett Fiscus
William Fleming
Henry Guthrie
James Gutridge
Robert Jameson
Adam Crain Jones
John Foster Leaverton
John Jacob Muhleisen
Michael Reitenauer
Jeremiah Shontz
Daniel Smith
James Ebenezer Smith
Samuel Woodmansee
James Wygant


The 13 patriots from their Mom's side:

Thomas Adkins
Charles Booth
Zadock Bosworth
Ebenezer Cole, Jr.
Ebenezer Cole, Sr.
Samuel Ferguson
Ebenezer Gage
Charles Gatliff
James Felix McGuire
John Nay
Joshua Quance
Moses Searle
Daniel Walton

I've given my kids a head start.  I bet they can find more some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment