Saturday, January 17, 2015

Ancestry Saturday: Happy 169th!





The Ancestry App reminded me of a birthday. Today is the 169th anniversary of the birth of Charles Bosworth Bernard who was born January 17, 1846. He was my great great grandfather.

A write-up about his birth said, "He was born in a log cabin in the Fairview Community on what has been known as the Elijah M. Bernard farm and more recently known as the Gumly farm on St. Rt. 729, near Lees Creek, Clinton, Ohio."

He lived his whole life in Green Township in Clinton County. I've been to the farm where he was born.





I've also been to his adult-life home and farm a couple of times because it passed down generations. His youngest daughter, my great grandmother Sallie Bernard, was born in that house in 1884.

Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment